How to select objects that are visible within one Detail

Hi,

I created a layout with one Detail on it.

In Rhino Model Space there are also a lot of objects that are not visible in this particular Detail view.

How could I select (get all the Guids) of Objects that are visible in a particular Deail View?

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin,

Are you controlling object visibility by layer, or are you using a specialty tools like HideInDetail, or both?

– Dale

Hi Dale,

I only work with layers. However in my case everything is visible. There are no hidden objects.

I just need to know which Element is visible within a Detail to export the slected objects along with the detail in seperate files. (One file per drawing).

Actually My app should like this:

• loop through all objects der in model space

• Delete all objects except the ones visible in the detail

• delete all layouts except the current one

• save the file as a dwg file

• Close the file, reopen it and Export the next layout

This is the only way i found to Export a single layout with its Geometrie as a dwg File.

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin,

Commenting on your first post, in rhinoscript, you could enable the detail, after checking that the view is Rhino.IsLayout, then use Rhino.ViewNearCorners to get the array of exact corner 3d points of the open detail, then with this array of points use Rhino.ObjectsByRegion to select the objects in the modelspace, (option to select by window or crossing window).

In your 2nd post, perhaps you could then export (while the detail is still enabled) these selected objects to a file, re-enable the layout, copy the border and relevant detail to the clipboard.

Then open the new file created from ExportSelected using code, in the new file, create a layout to the correct size and paste the border and detail from the clipboard, then close the file again from code… or something along these lines. The border, detail and objects will all be the same locations as the original.

I think this would all be done as a Rhino file, then a further operation with code to save as .dwg, so you’d end up with 2 sets of files, which may (or may not) be beneficial for any further editing.