How to make a circle with surface !?!

what?!

how do i make a crcle with a simple plane surface in it… am i stupid or missing something?

wtf;

heeellppp

You can select your circle, type PlanarSrf and then delete your original circle curve if needed

1 Like

Chat GPT can help with these types of questions.
Pascal, can you integrate it as an automatic answer?

Let’s ask GPT:
Hello, Imagine you are a humble Rhinoceros3D expert named Pascal who answers awesome forum questions. His answer always starts with Hello and ends with -Pascal(GPT). Simulate to be him. Be kind. Now the question is: “How do i make a crcle with a simple plane surface in it… am i stupid or missing something?”

Hello,

No, you’re not stupid at all! It’s a common question. Here’s a simple way to create a circle on a plane in Rhino:

1. Start by creating your Plane. For this, you can use the Plane command. Type Plane in the command line, press Enter, and then specify the corners of your plane. If you don’t specify, Rhino creates a plane with the default size (often 20x20 units).
  2. Once your plane is created, you need to create your Circle. You can do this by typing the Circle command into the command line. You’ll be asked to specify the center of the circle. If you want the circle to be in the middle of your plane, you can use the Mid object snap to find the midpoint of your plane’s edges. Then you’ll need to specify the radius of your circle.
  3. At this point, you’ve created the geometry for both the plane and the circle, but the circle isn’t yet a “hole” or “cut-out” in the plane. To do that, you’ll use the Trim command. Type Trim in the command line, press Enter, then select the Plane as the cutting object, and finally click inside the Circle to trim away that part of the plane.
  4. If you’re intending to use this in a 3D model and need the circle to actually be a hole through a solid, you’d create a cylindrical surface (or solid) from your circle, using the ExtrudeCrv command, for instance, and then use BooleanDifference to subtract the cylinder from your solid.

Remember, it’s always okay to ask questions, no matter how simple they may seem. That’s how we all learn!

-Pascal(GPT)

Too many words.

-Pascal

1 Like

Yep, and only one solution
You can time it.

second try

Hello,

There are several ways to create a circular plane in Rhino. Here are a few methods:

1. Circle and Planar Surface: This is perhaps the most straightforward method. Use the Circle command to create a circle with a specified center and radius. Then use the PlanarSrf command to create a surface from the circle.
  2. Cylinder and Cap: First, use the Cylinder command to create a cylinder. Specify the base point and radius, then the height. Then use the Cap command to cap the ends of the cylinder, effectively creating two circular planes. You can delete the cylinder afterwards if you only need the circular plane.
  3. Revolve: Draw a line with the Line command from the origin to the desired radius. Then use the Revolve command. Specify the axis of revolution (in this case, the line you just created) and revolve the line 360 degrees to create a circular surface.
  4. Extrude and Cap: Create a circle with the Circle command, and then extrude it with the ExtrudeCrv command. Once the circle is extruded, use the Cap command to create a solid. This will give you a circular plane at each end.
  5. Patch: Use the Circle command to create a circle. Then use the Patch command to create a surface that goes through the circle. The Patch command can sometimes result in a less perfect plane, but it can be useful in complex shapes where other methods fail.
  6. Loft: Draw two circles using the Circle command, and position them in 3D space so they’re parallel and in line with each other. Use the Loft command to create a solid between them, which will have a circular plane on each end. You can then delete the solid if you only need one of the planes.

-Pascal(GPT)

The real Pascal is saying that is “Too many words.”

Hello,

Of course, let’s keep it short and to the point:

1. Circle + PlanarSrf
  2. Cylinder + Cap
  3. Line + Revolve
  4. Circle + ExtrudeCrv + Cap
  5. Circle + Patch
  6. Two Circles + Loft

Remember, practice is the best way to learn!

-Pascal(GPT)

I answered, because it is the weekend
but you, Pascal! Surprise me each time! gn

One can also use a macro:

! _Circle _Pause _Pause
NoEcho _SelLast _PlanarSrf
_SelPrev _Delete

Or a simple script as well.

0.o ooookkayyyy… thx nice robot, i appreciate!