How to export from Gh?

There is a bunch of export options but no exporter

Am I missing something obvious?

Depends on what you’re planning to export. If it’s 3D geometry, bake it into Rhino first and export it from there.

Are they pre-applied to the baked object? How does it work? Where do you connect the options output?

No need to do this.

You can export directly with the ‘Export Model Block Definition’ component

Do you have any knowledge how Rhino blocks are read in other software?

The guy from my team said that even closed b-reps from Rhino are interpreted as as a bunch of connected surfaces (in some other software from our machines), therefore things needs to be done in Inventor.

Has anything changed in this regard V7 to V9?

I guess it depends how you export.

Did you try *.stp?

We will try several ways. I want to see how juggling with options improves the export quality.

Hi Martin

Have you tried exporting to step file?

I get red warning all the time, whatever extension I choose: .stp or .step

The red baloon reads that the file could not be saved.

Export as 3md is fine, so my setup is good when it comes to naming etc.

What does the message balloon say?

File could not be saved.

Are you using the latest WIP?

Always

Does the folder exist?

Sure things. Export to .3dm is fine when extension is changed.

Overwrite?

Whatever the settings it won’t work for step

What’s in your export options?

S: tried all of them

Scs: False

Et: False

Eb: True

I tried any combination of these, no change.

For me it exports even without these options plugged in

As a step file?