How to download LunchBox to Mac grasshopper?

Food4Rhino there is lunchbox onl for windows platform, it doesnt run on my mac. Does anyone knows how to install a lunchbox to mac?

:smiley:

Try a search on the forum: https://discourse.mcneel.com/search?q=Lunchbox%20mac

I downloaded zip file, put that on grasshopper libraries but it still doesnt work…

goosh, finaly got it :smiley: thanx

how did you get it to work?

Installing it via the PackageManager should suffice. However, currently it only seems to work on Intel Macs.
This is the error message that occurs on an M3 Mac:

Exception System.IO.FileLoadException: 
  Message: Could not load file or assembly 'LunchBox, Version=2.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.

You might have to contact the LunchBox developers.

To get LunchBox working on Apple Silicon you can run Rhino 8 using Rosetta. Right click Rhino, click Get Info, then check Open using Rosetta. It will make Rhino 8 a wee slower (but at least equivalent or faster than Rhino 7).

When the LunchBox developers update their plugin to support Apple Silicon you can then turn this off.

1 Like

@curtisw a curious question:
Would it be possible to implement a “hybrid-Rosetta” solution for RH8 on Apple Silicon Macs?
I am still on Intel Mac and am hesitating to upgrade since, not yet all plugins that I use often are available natively for AppleSilicon.
I heard that Fusion 360 is now native for AppleSilicon, but still uses Rosetta for some extensions. Seems to be an excellent temporary solution.

It is a pity that all of Rhino has to be started using Rosetta, just because of 1 single plugin in GH and thereby not utilizing the full potential of the chips.
What I am imagining is a solution, where Rosetta is only used for non-compatible plugins… I am not a software developer, so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts!

Cheers,
Rudi

This would only be possible if the plugins are run in a separate process, which we do not have any facilities to do in Rhino without re-writing the entire plugin architecture. So unfortunately you’ll either just have to bite the bullet or wait.

Alright, thank you for your answer! Always curious to learn from the software development side