How to convert Mesh to Surface

We imported the terrain data downloaded from GoogleEarth into Sketchup and created mesh data.

After that, I wanted to convert it to Surface data, but I don’t know how. How do I convert Mesh→Surface grasshopper?

(原文)GoogleEarthからダウンロードした地形データをSketchupにインポートしてMeshデータを作成した後Surfaceデータに変換しようと思ったのですが、方法がわかりません。

Mesh→SurfaceのGrasshopperでの変換方法を教えてください

If any Ray3d (Z dir) yields one ccx event with the mesh (or you can find a plane who’s Z is suitable or you can create a filter policy that could approximate things) … you can attempt to create a Patch against the mesh vertices. Mind that’s a bit slow and very sensitive to the Patch variables (may require a 2nd pass if holes are present: meaning a BrepFace as result). In general that’s not a very simple thing performance wise.

1 Like

You can have a try with the rhino command “meshtonurbs”
Or with the Pufferfish component “mesh to polysurface”.
I beleive they will give the same result though.

1 Like

Assuming your terrain does not have any undercuts (which it probably doesn’t coming from GoogleEarth), you can use Drape on your mesh:

https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/6/help/en-us/commands/drape.htm

I’m not sure if this is exposed in Grasshopper/RhinoCommon. But it’d be pretty straightforward to implement something similar yourself.

2 Likes

Try with contour in u,v directions than use network surface

terrain.gh (9.6 KB)

3 Likes