How to access the reference geometry of a proxy in Rhino.Common?

I would like to access the geometry of a proxy to manipulate it and make a new proxy with new geometric/material properties.
I thought it could be done in python, but I am also open to other methods.

Can anybody suggest how to access proxies in through Rhino.Common, which method and how to call it, based on an existing proxy in the active scene?

thanks in advance guys

Hi @Federico_Giacomarra,

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do an why? What do you mean by “proxy”? If you have any source code that you could share, that might be helpful.

Thanks,

– Dale

Hi @dale! thanks for the reply. Sorry for the not so clear question. I am basically trying to replicate and customise a block, which acts as simplified version (low poly proxy) of a more detailed 3d geometry, stored somewhere in my pc and imported from a 3rd party software library. What I would like to do is make a copy of the original geometry in the istance block and do a new block which is linked to the modified geometry .

Did I make it a bit clearer? maybe it is too complex to realise?

Hi, first you need to find this block in InstanceDefinitionTable and GetObjects from it, process it the way you like, and then put it in new InstanceDefinition. This should be a good starting point for you.

1 Like