I was going through the forum, trying to find how GH classifies curves. I couldn’t find anything but from the best I could guess there are these 6 types:
(I’m not talking about the creation method, just the curve’s nature)
1. Line-like: a straight line defined by two control points
2. Arc-like: part of a circle
3. Circular: a circle
4. Elliptical: both a full and a partial ellipse are recognized as “elliptical curve”
5. Planar: a non-straight curve that all of its control points are planar
6. (just) Curve: a curve that its control points are not planar.
(and of course the ‘polyline’ which could be a combination of all of the above…)
Are these all the ways GH can classify a curve?
Also: apart from circle/ellipse, does GH ‘recognize’ Hyperbolae/ Parabolae/ Helix(ae) etc?
curveTypes.gh (10.3 KB)