How can i Get this Shape

Hi
How Can i get the “Final” Shape Which is a combination of shape 1 and 2 and apply it on Curvature Curve in Grasshopper ??
Explanation Photo is attached

Description isn’t clear. Semi-circles or sine waves? What do you mean by “Curvature Curve”?

How about posting a GH file?

Sine waves and negative Sine waves, and when combined it will represent a Circle.
This is what I achieved till now but it is not perfect. Specially at Corners

No it won’t. And that’s an image of your GH file, not the actual GH file, but it does show that your first image was misleading, showing only straight lines instead of curved lines. Good luck.

1 Like

Make it straight and map it to a curve using the flow morph component.

1 Like

This is a different method to get adjacent circles on a planar curve. Slider setting is done by eye. If the curve is not planar, all bets are off.

I don’t want it to be single Circles but Continues curve so it start from one point and ends at the same point.
How ever if we can split the circles at the base curve and re-join the circles sides alternatively it could solve the problem, but i don’t know how select the alternative circles sides after splitting.

Again, your assumption is flawed. The circles don’t always touch at the curve intersection point:

Himmmm, You are Right !!

How about using PolyArc?

PolyArc_re.gh (9.6 KB)

2 Likes

Wow, I will try this Right now
Didn’t know such tool exist, Thanks
However how did you manage to assign each component name on top of it ?? is it a plug-in ?

1 Like

It is working Nice

However with different “divide curve count” it is causing some problems.

Next Step is: I’m trying to decrease the size of the circles as it get closer to the end or “Specified Point”.

Hah, hah, hah! The moving goal post strikes again. :man_shrugging:

circles_crv_2021Apr21a.gh (16.6 KB)

2 Likes

Wow, this solution works perfectly.
Thank you

Too bad the original problem description was so very far from your last image though.

1 Like

I too have never tried the Polyarc function before, so I took the liberty of tweaking your method so I could apply it to closed curves.

I was surprised that in some cases it gave nice looking results, but on others it gave very surprising and unexpected results. Here’s one of them:

That’s with the settings in the first screenshot. There are surprising differences between using an ellipse and a polygon of roughly the same size. Filleting the polygon corners also has a puzzling (to me at least) effect, but it is not so severe. Also, it seems like Rebuild Curve adds some additional complexity and strangeness. There must be some quirky calculations going on inside the Polyarc function.

decreasing-size-polyarc.gh (13.6 KB)

3 Likes