I’m looking into migrating our plugin/GHaddon to Rhino 6. Currently, I have a small but annoying side effect when a command of our plugin is executed for the first time since the plugin has been update (new build). It first tests its compatibility (and other assemblies??) which takes more than 7 seconds. It also progressively shows this string ||//|—|-//-/|-/|-/|–/-/. Once done it doesn’t do that again when this same command (or an other command of this plugin) is executed until I installed a new build.
It might be important to know that our development workflow is as follows:
- we put our plugin and required dlls in AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\ourFolder
- only once we install the our plugin by dragging it from that location into the rhino app
- for every new build we now only copy the plugin to the above folder
I also looked at the differences of the visual studio C# templates, but it seems seem except for the AssemblyInfo file where there is an extra line regarding compatibilitity of the Rhino installer engine. Added this line does not avoid this testing.
Hopefully someone understands my problem and knows how this test can be avoided. Regard, Wei Pien