Help me understand why this component transforms the tree this way

I didn’t mean to imply that you shouldn’t “own” and modify this code as you see fit. After all, being able to do that is a primary goal of this forum so by all means, do that

7. This is not a do-my-work-for-me group

When you posted yesterday, I was already done for the day so wasn’t prepared to get back into this beyond acknowledging that you were correct about left over bits that could obviously be removed.

One way to remove DeBrep and List Item that makes a lot of sense is to use Area ‘C’ (Centroid) as the ‘P’ input to Contour instead. This guarantees that all regions will have a strip through their center point, which is rather cool as opposed to smaller regions having no strips at all.

BBox can be safely removed by passing the region directly to Scale.

issue_2020Dec21a.gh (34.7 KB)

Bypassing Scale causes the untrimmed strip corners I mentioned last night:

An alternative to Scale might be to extend the contour lines before passing them to PolyOffset using some multiple of offset width but I found at least one case where that fails:

I went through many different versions to get from what you posted two days ago to what I’ve posted just now, exploring the limits of parameter inputs (‘Pitch’, ‘Width’ and ‘Angle’) with two sets of geometry. Proof reading and correcting another person’s code is extra effort that I don’t have time for right now.