Grasshopper Level 2 Online Course
April 19–21, 2022
10 AM–5 PM CET
Hosted on Zoom by McNeel Europe
The upcoming Grasshopper Level 2 Course is for professionals who would like to get an in-depth-understanding of parametric design principles in Grasshopper. In the three-day course, our tutor Ping-Hsiang Chen (computational designer at Zaha Hadid Architects) will explore SubD and QuadRemesh features from Rhino 7 to tackle complex geometric problems. The course will focus on concepts such as data flow control, data management, behavior-driven modeling, iterative modeling, and learning how to create feedback loops using algorithms to optimize and benchmark design options.
- Review Computational Geometry and Complex Geometry
- Advanced Data Structure (BranchandPathManipulation)
- Data Grouping, Partition, Classification and Culling
- Data Sorting, Sets
- Conditional Statements
- Vectors, Frame, Plane, Transformation
- Custom Patterns and Domain
- Genetic Algorithm
- Mesh Modelling Introduction
- Mesh Subdivision and Optimization with Quad Remesh
- Introduction to Sub D and workflow with Nurbs and Mesh
- Introduction to Physics Based Modeling
- Form Finding with Goals and Forces
- Encode Material Behavior and Constraint into a Geometric Model
- Code Reusability and Create Custom Function
- Data Import and Export
- Collaborative Workflow Introduction
- Grasshopper Players and Hops
- Q&A and course recap
Course requirements: This course is for Grasshopper users with an intermediate level in Rhino. We welcome people from cross-disciplinary backgrounds such as architecture, product design, jewelry design, engineering, fabrication, art, and more.
Online course fees: EUR 395, (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required). Please note, your seat is confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants for each course: 25. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled April 4.
Course language: English
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!