Grasshopper Graph Mapper component for Towers

I wanted to use the Graph Mapper to aid in shaping the twist tower’s form and rotation for the floor slabs but no matter how I tried . It was unable to work. I am striving for an form that is slender and the floor slabs vary in scale due to the graph input whether its guassian , sine or conic
below is a my gh file unnamed_2.gh (25.6 KB)

I don’t see a Graph Mapper anywhere in your model? You already have a twist tower that is slender and the floor slabs vary in scale and rotation, so what’s the point?

It does work.

unnamed_2.gh (28.6 KB)

what I meant by ‘it didn’t work’ is that it doesn’t do anything to my script in terms of alternating the loft and fitting the slabs through I am entirely new to grasshopper so I wouldn’t know .

1 Like

Hi @Yona1910,

Are you looking for something like this?

What you have to understand about the Graph Mapper is that by default it takes values between 0.0 and 1.0 and maps these to whatever graph you chose. The mapped values stay between 0.0 and 1.0 and you can remap them to a domain that’s more useful, for instance a minimum and maximum allowed rotation. The remapped values can then for instance be used as rotation angle values.

unnamed_3.gh (27.6 KB)

2 Likes

hi @diff-arch Thank you your explanation regarding the graph mapper made sense and was helpful and I appreciate it.

1 Like