[GH Question] Random rotation roof tile structure

Hello everyone,

I am from University of Liverpool, and I’m currently working on a random rotation structure project with grasshopper. Several days before, I had already made a prototype of the structure in GH, however the rotate axis of these panels (as you can see below) is not the middle line of each individual panels. Could you please give me some idea about how to reset the rotation axis to the middle line of each panels? Thank you so much.

Kind regards
Ethan.Y
Surfaces with Random Rotation 4.gh (50.2 KB)
Roof Grasshopper test.3dm (132.4 KB)

Also, the ‘random’ part, I tried the ‘random’ and the ‘Jitter’ component to creat a random feeling (angle)of those roof panels, but they seem always appear in particular angle order (as you can see in the Rhino file, each alley of the panels changes their angle in particular order when I move the number slider), Is that because the data set I get was too small from the sequence? Thank you so much for your help.

Hope this can help you out…

Surfaces with Random Rotation 4_re.gh (16.1 KB)

1 Like

Dear Kim,

Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I want to create, and it’s much more simplified than mine! Incredibale!
I am looking at it now to see if I can totally understand it. May I ask you if I have questions? Again, thank you so much!

Kind regards