Forces on Linear Hinged Joints

Hello,

I am using the “Shel Section Component” in order to display Forces on certain points. Although there are explanations on the component, I have truble undestanding what exactly is the difference between Normal Ntt/Nnn/Ntn, Moment Mtt/Mnn/Mtn and Shear Vt/Vn. Could you please enlighten me or give me a reference where I can read about it?

thank you

Hi,

this component is part of the WIP 2.0.0 and there is currently no documentation for this yet. However if you hover over the output of the component you can see what these values refer to.

Hello, what does the N and T directions stand for?

@theogerg,
‘N’ are the in-plane distributed forces, ‘M’ the bending moments. ‘t’ signifies a direction tangent to the section line, ‘n’ stands for normal to the section line. Ntn is the in-plane distributed shear with respect to the section. Vn is the transverse shear force on planes tangent to the section line. Vt is the transverse shear force on planes parallel to the sectio linen.
– Clemens

Thank you Clemens, it is more clear now. Sorry to insist but I got confused, because when hovering on top of the Ntn on the component it says “Normal Force on cross section”. is it the same with shear?