Finding the edge curves of surfaces

I am trying to extract the edges of a list of surfaces so I tried using the ‘edge faces’ component however it is not selecting all the edges for some reason.

edge faces issue.gh (5.9 MB)

Thanks,
Omar

FaceBoundries.gh (5.9 MB)

3 Likes

Thanks again! this was much simpler than what I was trying to do :slight_smile:

And if I were to then move each of these surfaces outwards, how can I stop the middle curved part from deforming. I get that it deforms because the royals are intersecting with each other, so is there a way of making the larger surface itself move outwards and not all the individual surfaces on it? Sorry this probably isn’t making a lot of sense but I’ve attached a screenshot of what I mean and the code, maybe that would make it more clear?

offsetFaceBoundries.gh (5.9 MB)

:smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

I was wondering if there is a way of trimming excess overhangs off of my facade using the original brep. Basically since I offset curves on my facade pattern, some shapes went outside of the brep so I just want to trim the extra off. I tried using “brep 1” to extract wireframe edges to use as a splitting curve but I realized that wouldn’t work. I’ve included all the necessary geometry I think in the gh file below. Please let me know if I should open a new thread for this specific issue.

trimming my shape.gh (10.2 MB)
Thank you,
Omar

the geomentry is so complicated i tried for one panel …
solid difference issue_a.gh (1.8 MB)

cheers
rajeev