Find the Normal vector of any plane

Hi everybody,
I want to konw if there is a component in GH to find the Normal vector of any plane.
i have 2 different planes, and when i made deconstruct plane, the x, y and z are the default vectors of grasshopper not specific to each plane… in this case the 2 vectors are différent and i can’t continue the prgramm later

Check this…

1 Like

Or evalsrf:

1 Like

how can i use the output of the vector display, I need it :slight_smile:

I’m afraid not. It’s just for display purpose and thus has no output.
Plane normal vector is only unit vector with starting and ending points, ie, direction.
If you understand the definition of a vector, the method you use is very simple.

3 Likes

You can use the vector to create a line though, I think that’s what she meant to do.

Edit: sorry, that’s what you did there, I noticed :wink:

this node will do that.

Same as the input vector?

check the date of the topic… 2018… just popped up 6 years later ;-(

no matter how old it is but google suggested me this page while i was searching for the same answer but i found the answer myself and i think,if some other user land on same page he should be able to get the answer.

The first reply is the simple answer. The “normal” vector of any plane is the result when a plane is treated as a vector. The Is Planar ‘P’ (Plane) output is the easiest way I know of to get the normal vector of planar surfaces. Area centroid is often a convenient location but it has nothing to do with normal vectors.