Eto combobox in gridview (Python)

Hello again,

I am still running into issues when using a DropDown inside a GridView. Selecting a value from the DropDown seems to work as long as the click occurs in the active area of the GridView. Once the DropDown exceeds the bounds of the row area a mouse click will not change the selected item but rather acts like a row selection. Really weird.

26-03-2022_17-58-32

Have a look at the upper gif animation. Lower row

• first trying to select the value via mouse click β†’ no change
  • second using the arrow keys and enter β†’ change occurs

If the DropDown is in the bounds of the row area (active area of the GridView) the mouse click does work.

@curtisw Do you have any idea how to change this behaviour?

Kindest
Christian

Hi @Christian_Hartz,

The animation isn’t enough of a clue - we’re going to need to see some source code. Can you provide us something we can run here?

– Dale

Thanks for getting back @dale,

attached you can find a sample project that I just setup. I hope you can see the behaviour. Just run and you should get a panel with two columns and some values. The dropdown is not bound back to the data right now, but the clicking behaviour is obvious to see. Hopefully its an error on my end ;-).

Kindest
Christian

DropDownSample.zip (18.0 KB)

You might need to setup the nuget packages as the file got to big.

Hi @Christian_Hartz,

This has to do with the GridView.AllowEmptySelection property, which is by default true. If you set it to false it will probably work as expected.

– Dale

2 Likes

@Dale,

that seems to do it. Great.

Thanks
Christian