Educational License

Hi everyone!

I am thinking about getting an educational license for Rhino 6.0, yet there are two question marks in my mind:
1- What happens to the license when studentship ends?
2- Are graduate studies such as being a master student, considered as studentship?

Thank you :sunny:

Hello @busesokulmez
Welcome to the forum! Our Rhino educational single-user licenses are perpetual; they do not expire or time out. You may use your license as long as you’d like. You may continue to use it after you have graduated or left school. The license is for your sole use; it cannot be shared with or used by anyone else. Additional details are here.

Regarding Item 2, typically yes. If you are currently enrolled and paying a tuition fee, you would be eligible. Details for acceptable forms of academic proof are here.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance. Thanks!


Thank you! That was very informative actually. :slight_smile:

I hope your a “current” student. My summer intern is trying to learn CAD and has been rejected to buy a student license since he’s not currently in school, it’s summer vacation. He’s enrolled for the fall and finished the spring.
Good luck with your purchase.

Thank you for your feedback. We do accept Spring 2019 academic status for students that have just completed the Spring term. Please have your intern contact us.

He did. He can’t get a student license until school starts again in August. It doesn’t do him any good then. My team can teach him now. It would be very helpful if your company disclosed the student requirements better so he wouldn’t have wasted his time and mine. It’s interesting the the University of Michigan considers him a current student.

Please have him contact me. Spring 2019 is acceptable.

Our requirements for academic proof are here where it states we need current term. Since the Spring term has just ended for most students in the States we do accept Spring information when an order comes in during the summer.

1 Like

Jody how does he contact you?

email or call 206.545.7000

Hi, I’m just wondering… we live in the UK where I guess we have a different situation regarding proof of school enrolment. We don’t have any documentation proving enrolment at secondary school or for tuition fees.
Is there any specific proof of academic attendance for us in the UK that you would accept?

Contact your local reseller (there is a list on the main Rhino site).