Domain Slider

unhandled

(C Gressel) #1

Hey!
Some time ago i found a picture in the internet of a slider where you can input a domain and then slide between these min an max values.
but im not sure if this component really exists because i do not find it in grasshopper.

has anyone an idea where i can find this “slider” or does this component not exist?

(David Rutten) #2

I’m pretty sure it’s photoshopped. It certainly doesn’t exist within the standard toolset.

I searched the image with google and here is the source.

(C Gressel) #4

aaaahhh ok, too bad!
thank you!

I think a lot of users have been looking for this, for quite some time… any chance that this can be added to the GH wish list?

(David Rutten) #6

It has been discussed many times, I’d like to know your answers to these questions:

• What happens if a null domain is provided?
  • What happens if a singleton domain is provided? Note that domain whose absolute length is less than the accuracy of the slider may as well be singleton.
  • How should decreasing domains be handled? Make them automatically increasing, backwards sliders?
  • What happens if you provide more than one domain to a single slider?
  • What happens if the domain changes? Does the slider value remain as unchanged as possible, or should the slider factor remain constant?

• big smile *
    Yeah…I get your point…
    I didn’t really consider those issues at all.
    And since i cant come up with an ingenious answer, I retract my question :wink:

There is a feature in the metahopper plugin that allows you to adjust the slider’s domain from the outside, although it does not solve the problem that @DavidRutten has pointed out…