Disable reading Instance Definition from external file

Hi,
In the block defnition property dialog, there is a check box that says ‘Read linked blocks from the file’. Is there any way to uncheck this using RhinoCommon? Below is the picture of the dialog.

Hi @Darryl_Menezes, i just tried something with a simple “Embedded and linked” block definition containing a box from an external 3dm file. After using DestroySourceArchive the checkbox got disabled and type changed to “Embedded”.

_
c.

Hi @clement,
Thanks for the solution. I was actually looking for a way to uncheck the check box without losing the links. The reason is that when i am working on a file which has blocks located on a remote server, they take a lot of time to load when the box is checked.

@Darryl_Menezes, i guess Rhino needs to check to see if the linked block is still up to date which might take some time if the files are on a network.

You could try to store the path somewhere (eg. UserString) and embed the instance unlinked, then update manually and restore with InstanceDefinitionTable.RefreshLinkedBlock.

Also take a look at InstanceDefinition.UpdateType which you can set.

_
c.

Hi @Darryl_Menezes,

The property you are looking to set is InstanceDefinition.SkipNestedLinkedDefinitions. There is no way of doing this at this time in RhinoCommon. I’ve created an issue in YouTrack to address this.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-51646

– Dale

Thanks