Developability

Hi,
I’m just trying D.Loft. Unfortunately the help file wont’t show anything (see screenshot). I try to understand the difference between “VeryTigtht” and “VeryLoose”. What does Developability do?

Jan

Hi Jan,

item 1 in the list below should help you to make the helpfile work. I also copied the contents of the helpfile regarding the tuning parameters for D.LOFT

The following reasons may cause problems with opening the 
    help file or displaying its contents: 

1. The help file is 'blocked' by the Operating System. Right-click the help file, 
       open the file properties dialog, and unblock the file. 
   2. The plugin expects to find the help file (file extension .chm) in the folder 
       where the plugin (file extension .rhp) resides. 
   3. If the plugin is installed on a network drive, contents of the help file might 
       not be displayed because of a security mechanism in Windows which by default 
       prevents displaying of help files from a network drive. 

Tolerance parameters:

DistanceToCurves: If the optimization step was unsuccessful, choosing this option doubles the allowed distance to the input curves. The initial allowed distance is the document unit absolute tolerance.

Developability: If the optimization step was unsuccessful, choosing this option moves up in the list of available Developabilty values. It controls the amount of twist (double curvature) allowed in the lofted strip surface. A very low value (VeryTight) produces virtually single curved surfaces (developable), while a higher value allows a certain amount of double curvature in the lofted surface (VeryLoose). It is recommended to keep the default value and first increase the DistanceToCurves parameter if the command fails.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!