Designing interactive holographic environments in Grasshopper Training
by Gwyllim Jahn and Cameron Newnham (Fologram)
April 9-11, 2018
10.00h - 18.00h
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
With augmented reality (AR) environments designers can visualize 3D models within physical environments and at scale. This training introduces new tools and workflows that allow 3D models to be dynamic, leverage headset data (position and orientation, gaze, and gesture) and to build new applications directly within Grasshopper.
Participants will form teams and collaborate closely with workshop leaders to develop projects with immediate use cases and based around one of the following themes:
- Proximity feedback for measurement and interaction
- Responsive environments
- Interactive holographic modeling
- Interactive design markup
- Interactive simulation and analysis
Participants will build prototypical projects with immediate use cases in industry and gain confidence in developing further applications for mixed reality environments. All participants will work directly with Microsoft Hololens headsets through all phases of the workshop.
Day 1 (AR Visualization)
- Use of holographic software to stream CAD models to the HoloLens
- Use of generative design approaches and holographic models using Rhino, Grasshopper and custom plugins
- Group work with brief presentations: Production of digital prototypes and test on mixed reality headsets, revise digital design in response
- Working with 3D scan data
- Working with visual tracking models for 6dof object interaction
- Parametric schematics for interactivity (capturing gestures and building event-based models)
- Project development
- Supervised personal project development
- Discussion and feedback
Course Fee: EUR 795 (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers (proof of status required) will get a 50% discount. Please note your seat is only confirmed once payment has been cleared.
Max. Number of Participants: 10 participants. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe here!