I’m wanting to deploy a custom toolbar to our firm that will run Dynamo Player scripts.
All I really want is for people to have the most up to date toolbar, and from my understanding the plugin approach is the way to do this?
I am an architect, not a programmer, so here is what i have been able to accomplish to date:
- I have created the toolbar with icons that function like i want.
- I used the script compiler on the grasshopper files to create a .rhp file. (The Script Compiler tool is amazing for a non programmer like myself)
- Install the plugin from the .rhp- via the plugin manager.
- copy the .rui file to the plug-in folder, so that the toolbar I created pops up after the plugin install.
Our firm has ways to run bat scripts / exe files on startup on everyone machines so here is my question (assuming I’m even on the right track )
Is there some way to automatically install the plugin outside of using the Rhino plugin manager? via a bat script or exe file?
The reason why I would like to automate this outside of Rhino is for 2 reasons:
- By default everyone will see our companies toolbar so they can see the scripts that we have developed. (I don’t want to rely on people to run the plugin manager to install the toolbar.)
- We can UPDATE the plugin occasionally and not have to have people re-run the plugin manager. I can relax in knowing that everyone is using the same plugin version if I change/add to it.