Deleting Custom Grasshopper Components made from GHPython Script

I have just created a custom component using the GHPython Script following the documentation shown here: ([Tutorial: creating a Grasshopper component with the Python GHPY compiler]).

How would I go about deleting the GHPY file from my Library? Everytime I try to delete the file I get this error message. I already tried closing out of both Rhino and Grasshopper and deleting the file but I still get the same error message.

Hi @Johnny_Donza

the file is locked by Rhino and it will be freed once you close the program.

Thanks,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

Hey Giulio,

Thank you for the response! However, this is something that I actually have already tried. With both Rhino and Grasshopper closed, when I try to delete the file the same message appears.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thank you,

Johnny

Other apps might try to look at it, maybe some antivirus or other apps you might have on your system. But mostly, I think Rhino could still be open. It certainly is in the screenshot. One way is to use “Task Manager” and see if Rhino.exe is running (use the Details view).

In doubt, restart your PC, and then try to delete the file without starting Rhino at all.

Used the task manager and just closed out of all of my apps. Then went in from the file explorer and deleted the files. Maybe one of the apps were looking at it like you said.

Thanks for the help!