Delete Unnecessary curves

I draw alot of floorplans in rhino. Alot of the time through the process of trim/delete/moving curves there are some leftovers that are covered up by other needed lines. See the example and layer names for better view…

Is there a way to delete these curves that overall serve no purpose for me? They hold the same space as the needed lines although they are more fragments of the overall floorplan. selopencrv and closedcrv dont help me here because my floorplan lines are not closed.

Example.3dm (45.5 KB)

Hi Chris - SelShortCurve may be of some use - it would work in the example you posted.
Start SelShortCurve; at the prompt for the maximum curve length, type in ‘Length’, and Enter, and then select the longest of these strays and Enter.

-Pascal

1 Like

Thank you, this will work in most cases, and definitely makes the cleanup process a lot faster. sometimes i have curves i need that are shorter than the fragments though.

Is there a command like select hidden curves? It would select the fragments that have the same direction as the needed curve above it but are shorter?

Here’s another… SelVolumePipe at a very small radius, say .05, will find all the curves that are ‘hidden’ by the longer curve.
A repeating macro that will let you cruise through multiple ‘parent’ curves:
*SelNone SelVolumePipe Pause .05 Delete

-Pascal

1 Like