Showing Small lines

So I am trying to isolate some small line in my file, but they are to small to see on screen. Any trick to make them larger?

Hi Denis - selShortCrv will help locate them, but you want to mark them or display them differently, or?

-Pascal

1 Like

Yeah I used the selSmall command, but looks like I should be been using the selShortCrv. Anyways using dialing in the tolerance I was able to only select one at a time and then zoom to that area. Yeah would like to find a way to mark them. As I could select them all but could zoom to the particular area since they were all selected.

Hi Dennis- just in case it helps, here is a script that does some stuff with short curves- kind of quick and dirty but it might be on the right track at least-

ReviewShortCurves.zip (1.2 KB)

To use the script, extract and save the .rvb file from the attached zip archive, then drag and drop the saved rvb over an open Rhino v5 window. This will load the script, set it up to load on startup in the future and register the alias

GetShortCurves - SelShortCurves, but it remembers the curves and starts the ‘next’, ‘previous’
review process. Use this command any time you want to refresh the list of shorties.

ReviewShortCurves - reviews (Zooms one by one) the known short curves- if none, it kicks you back to the previous command.

ShortCurvesToLayer - moves known short curves to a layer called Shorties. If none, it kicks you back to the first command.

that will run the script much like a regular command. An alias can be typed or added to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut (F-key).

-Pascal

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks I will gives those a go and let you know. At first glance looks like exactly what I was after.

Ok. So I was premature. While cool, and does a bunch this isn’t exactly what I was after. Sorry. Here try this file. Search for curves under .05 inches. The goal is to find the curves delete them out and then repair the gap that was left from the curve. The problem with the step through process is that yeah you can review them, well short off(you will see what I mean), but you can’t pause the command to fix the area. Actually now that I think about it. A more simpler solution would be to place an anno dot at each location, Then you see them and go back to fix those area.

Hi Dennis- you can bail from the review, delete the curve and fix, then run ‘review’ (not Get) again and it will (should) take you to the next one.

-Pascal

Ok. Gotcha. That will do what I am after then.

HI, This script is very useful for me, but the download link is not available. Could you hand it back please? Thank you in advance. Best regards.

Hello - selShortCrv is a native Rhino command, the rvb script I made for short curve ‘management’ is here:

ReviewShortCurves.rvb (3.4 KB)
On windows you can drag and drop this script onto Rhino to add the aliases listed above.

-Pascal

Thank you very much for your very quick response.