Does Rhino have any way to organize curves into Construction order. These curves are imported into secondary software that needs order. Kind of along the idea of a CNC cutter head that cant jump all over the place.
Hi Dave- I think maybe there is a Rhinoscript out there - I’ll check my stash, or maybe @Helvetosaur made it? I cannot remember, but I’ll see if I have something.
@sierradays see if this does anything useful - it is ancient and not tested any time recently, but who knows…
Save, then drag and drop the revb file onto Rhino - that will add the alias
that should run just like a command.
SetCrvOrder (3).zip (1.7 KB)
I’ll give it a try.
The surface-from-curve-network can be very challenging, but there a few simple rules that make it a lot easier. Your model just threw too many curves at the command, so check out my list and video
- curves should be thought of as a ‘subset of isocurves’
- curves are created in two directions, U and V.
- each direction crosses the other at roughly 90°
- each direction requires matching open OR closed curves, but not both closed
- i.e. open + open, or closed + open, and NOT closed + closed
- as always, keep the curves SIMPLE / minimal control points