Drawing order to CNC file

Hi Guys,

Is there an opportunity to order the items in a drawing so that the CNC machine will process those in a specific order.
I will use my DXF for cutting glass and therefore it is important to have them correct.
For a simple drawing it is just a matter of step by step make the drawing in the correct order but for more complex shapes it is impossible to do this in advance.

Hi Rinus- I think I have a script someplace that will help with this - I cannot check right at the moment but I’ll post it here if I can find something useful.

-Pascal

mark!

Maybe I will have this problem later.

OK, well, I dug up a script from my heap- I do not know how useful this is, but it may be worth a try- or it may just be too slow. It attempts to order curves in space from upper left to lower right in some reasonable way.

To use the script, extract and save the .rvb file from the attached zip archive, then drag and drop the saved rvb over an open Rhino V4 or v5 window. This will load the script, set it up to load on startup in the future and register the alias

SetCrvOrder

that will run the script much like a regular command. An alias can be typed or added to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut (F-key).

-PascalSetCrvOrder (2).zip(1.7 KB)

Hi Rinus,

This script OrderObjectsBySelection.rvb(748 Bytes) will ask to select objects in order
You can group objects that need no specific order inside, yet need to be in between other (groups).
After the ordering, the script will flash the objects in the new order.
To run the script you need to drag and drop the file in Rhino (it will run only once, no aliases created)

Note that any grouping is lost.

HTH
-Willem

Willem,

Great; this works fine for me!

Is there a way to have this script embedded in Rhino?

Hi Rinus,

Great!. I added a few lines to make this script register itself.

OrderObjectsBySelection.rvb(1.1 KB)

Store the script at a location it can stay.
Drag and drop the file over a running instance of Rhino
(make sure no other instances are running or you might need to reapeat the drag and drop)
The script will automatically register an alias equal to the filename excluding the .rvb extension. (OrderObjectsBySelection)

enjoy!
-Willem

I have called it OOBS; thanks for this!

Rinus

Op 18 jul. 2013, om 16:05 heeft Willem via McNeel Forum steve@mcneel.com het volgende geschreven: