Creating text objects/curves

I’ve been happily using Human to create and bake text with specific attributes (font, size, ect) but human dead ends with baking. I need to reference the curves themselves. Is there another plugin for managing font output? Human was the best I could find before.

Not sure what you mean…

Have a look at this nice script by Laurent:

1 Like

Wombat can output text as curves: https://www.food4rhino.com/app/wombatgh

probably other plugins can also do that, but Wombat is the only one I have currently installed that can handle Font selection

of course you can always bake your text in Rhino, explode it, and reference the curves

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check that out. I just meant reference in grasshopper, as it is now (with Human) I’m having to bake my text as curves and manually bring them back in because Human’s text component has no output.

Thanks Segheir, this worked best. Wombat was having trouble recognizing different faces. All I could get is Barlow, not Barlow SemiBold or Barlow Black, ect. Fennec is smooth, although I do like how Human centers text on points, Wombat and Fennec snap to the top left.

You can control position by Text style component

text.gh (13.2 KB)

3 Likes

Amazing!

@anon39580149 why does this vex me so! The labels on all of my parts are in the wrong orientation.

I’m rotating the angles on Text Entity but it does the same thing when I rotate the plane. I tried flipping the curve I took the Horizonal Frames from as well.

I’m supposing this is a feature because most reasonable people wouldn’t want upsidedown text?

fennec

This is from rhinocommon , i can’t change it
Even in Rhino you can’t rotate or mirror a text

1 Like

Tragic but that makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

You can post it as request, i think this is available in Autocad.

Of course, you can. You just need to turn off the “face to front” option in the annotation style.
-wim

I didn’t know that
Is that available in rhinocommon?

I don’t find “face to front”
I think you mean this: Text reads forward when viewed from behind

I find it in Rhinocommon, i will update it later

1 Like