Creating even valence graph / traversing all edges of a graph

if anyone is still interested in the problem:

i’ve managed to import networkx library (version 2.0.dev_20160927182259) into rhino6 and gh and implemented some of the codes to solve the route inspection problem from the very detailed tutorial from here:

thanks @DanielPiker @AndersDeleuran @PeterFotiadis

2 Likes

That’s terrific, can share how you managed to get this working (for future reference on the board)?

Of course! i actually responded to a post afterwards describing the process.
I placed the networkx folder into C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\site-packages\networkxrkx , typed in _EditPythonScript command in Rhino, went into Options (under Tools tab) and added the same path. Let me know if it works if you happen to try it out. Thanks again for the help!

Good job (wrong language).

Latest (and greatest) news: Postman escaped to Vietnam (LOL) and changed trade: now he does the Hanoi Tower stuff:

:roll_eyes:

hi @timothytai :slight_smile:
some years have passed, but I was wondering if you still have this file?

I am looking for a similar thing…
I have imported networkx library into rhino and gh, and this code into the pyhton component, but I am not sure what the args I should give.

(Like what should I connect to Destinations for example)

I was wondering if you still have it and could maybe share it so I can learn from what you have done?

would help me a lot!
Thank you very much!

You can find a recent implementation of my old script here:

2 Likes

Oh now I see that I was fully addlepated, I was actually looking for Hierholzer’s algorithm,
But thank you very much!

As far as I understand, Hierholzer’s algorithm is one of several methods for constructing Eulerian circuits. I’ve never done so myself, nor checked which algorithm it implements, but one might implement the networkx method for computing these. It appears to be available in the old 1.5 version compatible with IronPython 2.7:

Edit: Here’s a quick implementation @Moria_Schwarz:

230127_EulerianCircuit_NetworkX_00.gh (5.5 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like