I am quite new to rhino and struggling since more than a week with a rhino model. I have now all my objects (closed polysurface) which I want to use to create one closed polysurface so that I can print it… but I dont manage do deal with it.
Through this process I looked initially at non-manifold edges, naked edges, bad objects and verified that all the objects was closed polysurface.
Then, I used the trim and split to remove part of polysurface that are unwanted, I also used booleen union on several closed polysurface.
The thing is that, I dont understand why sometimes trim or split brings new unwanted edges (non manifold or naked). Another strange thing is that everything is symmetric, but sometimes things only work in one of the two sides. As a lat example, I dont achieve through split/trim operations to keep the polysurface closed, which then make the booleen union does not work. etc. Actually there is a lot of thing that to me appear a bit randomly.
I tried all things that I say on internet, but is totally stuck :(. I really hope to find some help here, sorry for this.
Thank you very very much!
model-quesiton.3dm (8.4 MB)
On the attached file, the left object is the initial one used to make it one closed polysurface, while the right one is the one after trying.