Controlling Windows in Grasshopper

Hi all,

I’m trying to control windows by window width, window height and sill height as in the image below. I would also need to control the number of windows on the facade. it might be simple to do, just don’t have much experience with GH geometry. I’ve attached the GH file, any help would be appreciated.

Would also appreciate some links or guidance for understanding geometry modelling.
Thanks!!
Forum Question_GH windows.gh (6.5 KB)

This is a complex subject that depends on various constraints that are not specified in your question or model. How many windows horizontally? How many floors? Min/max horizontal distance from edges? Orientation of your surfaces? Etc.

Here are a couple of threads that touch on aspects of this issue:

Thanks for your reply Joseph.

It’s just one floor that I’m looking at (at the moment). No. windows horizontally (to keep things simple) just iterating between 1 or 2 windows. the distance from edges doesn’t play a huge role in this exercise as long as the windows are within the surface not extending beyond.

It’s more the logic behind the workflow and how to think about the solution of geometry that I’m interested in.

any guidance would be helpful. :slight_smile:

Those answers aren’t enough. My favorite quote recently:

If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask, for once I know the proper question, I could solve the problem in less than five minutes.

– Albert Einstein

windows_2019Nov26a.gh (25.7 KB)