Complex polysurface naked edges

I have no idea how to get it looking in the forum found something but don’t help , someone could help me?
Open Brep Edges_re.gh (1.0 MB)

Your code doesn’t make much sense to me, and the first ColOM (Collision One/Many) component is very slow (~20 secs.), but your polysurface is a “Closed Brep” that shows no naked edges when baked. So your question and thread title don’t make sense to me either?

thanks joseph :thinking: well I want get the yellow borders

You could intersect a plane with your polysurface. Try Brep|Plane component.

Those edges are not planar.

And though it appears SubD was used to make the shape, it’s a polysurface now, not a SubD.

1 Like

you are right is a polysurface from subd model

I see, it would be much easier if you had the surface that was used to trim it…

1 Like

I actually have it and you gave me an idea to try, thank you …

Did you try SubDEdges before converting it to a polysurface?

Later… I tried a bunch of different things including some SubD stuff I know nothing about. I managed to narrow down the problem, in a way, by isolating the lower ends of the shape into three branches of faces and edges, but it doesn’t help.

Open Brep Edges_2021Oct05a.gh (1.0 MB)

You can actually get away with it with some normal and area thresholds. It is not pretty but it works. You will not find a parametric solution to this…

Open Brep Edges_re_shynn.gh (1.0 MB)

Yes and I did think in something like this but at the end is easier get the edges from rhino

Is a cool solution I need to make a lot of booleans from intersections but at least I think in this case is easier extract the edge in rhino

Yup, should have started with that. It was a fun puzzle tho. If you are performing multiple booleans and always need the edges in a layer, grasshopper might be useful in that case. Ideally you could perform the boolean inside GH too.

1 Like

I was testing … brep/brep works perfect I started with just one piece bad mine, I still to check some facts to make booleans perfect, thank you so much.

1 Like