Changing geometry in Create3DView

Hello guys,

i’m new in Human UI and tried to get a 3D View and sliders in a Window together. I got both in the window but when i change the slider the geometry doesn’t change. I tried to get the solution with the example files but can’t understand them completly.

The file is in the attachment.
Sry for my english.

Hope anybody can help, would be hugely appreciated.

Happy new year to all of you.

lampe grasshopper.gh (41.4 KB)

If you review the examples again, you’ll see that every Human UI definition has the following parts:

1. Create Elements (like a slider)
  2. Launch the window, and add the elements to the window
  3. use a Value Listener to get the value from interactive elements (like the value of a slider)
  4. Set Elements (like “Set 3d view”) to update the contents of a control on the basis of changes made after the window has launched.

The important part of this is that none of the inputs to “Create” components in step 1 will change after the window is launched. Only “Set” components should recompute/execute once the window has launched. “Create” components should always only have “initial/default values” - not be dependent on anything that will change.

I’ve modified your definition a little - I’ve removed the “set slider” component which is not necessary, and replaced the input to “create 3d view” with a default box. Now the sliders work properly and the geometry in the window updates.

lampe grasshopper.gh (31.0 KB)

Hi Andrew,
I have a similar problem, and i think i’m very close to making it work but the last step is where i’m stuck. I have the slider from GH feeding to the Human UI along with a 3d geometry that is manupulated as i slide the slider, it works on GH , and the slider reads values from Human UI but it doesn’t seem to communicate with the GH slider to update. What am i missing?

With all of your hidden wires it’s hard to know what’s wrong with your definition - but i suspect you are trying to change the mesh that is fed into create 3d view. You are also misunderstanding the purpose of “set slider” - it is used to modify the value of a human ui slider, not a grasshopper slider. Review the example I posted above - if you still have questions I’m happy to answer them. :slight_smile:

Hi Andrew,
Yes, essentially i’m manupulating a mesh with the slider to cut it with boolean subtraction using a plane that i use the slider for. i reduced the mesh size with remesh to make it more managable, and it updates fairly fast within GH when i type in the plane offset distance. Is there a way to create a pointer to set values, or maybe just a type in value for now to set the number i want?

I’m still not clear on the set output side, it seems like the set output boxes attach direct to the GH definitions, but when i did that, the box gave a warning that the definition feeding to itself is not a great idea. I get why that is, it’s self refreshing and freezing. What’s the true way to work on this? My logic is:
Set some sliders in GH for plane depth, display the mesh with the cut plane in Human, set the sliders, feed them to the live listener, then take the listens and feed to what the sliders are manupulating in GH. Is this wrong? Which step is incorrect? Thanks agian.