Can't restore the numbering order of elements

Good afternoon!
I had a list of lines of different lengths. I sorted the lines that are longer than the value I need, trimmed them to the required value and merged them with the rest of the lines. But the numbering order of these lines is broken. I can’t restore it, I tried sort list, with all the lines’ initial indexes, it didn’t help. I am confused, I need help.
It is critical for me that the lines retain their original order, because each of them is anchored to the center of the panels that have the original order.

It’s more likely to get help if you upload your file…

Martin, i sent the file to your email martin@mrtn.ch

Help Us Help You:

Vladimir, after dispatching with the larger than pattern, you could use the weave component recreate the list in the same order.

However, I think I’d suggest using Sift Pattern to extract the items larger than 400…

Sift creates two lists with the original length, basically replacing the items that do not meet the requirement with a null.

This allows putting the inputs back together with the Combine Data component. I find this less confusing than dispatch which outputs List A and B and then weave stream 0 and 1…

Next time, unless a file contains some confidential content, instead of sending an email, please upload the file in a post.

lines_sorted_mrtn.gh (220.8 KB)

I also added a point list for the initial lines and the list after the Combine Data component.

Thanks a lot, for giving this info! Im quite new to this forum, so it definitely will help me in future.

Martin, I really appreciate your help! The sifting works so much better. And thanks for the line numbering, it makes the solution even more clear. I will definitely consider the recommendation about sending files, thanks again :smiling_face:
The baselines are generated according to the movement of raindrops on a particular terrain, which is very characteristic of the terrain in which this facade will be realized. This is one of the approaches I use to create the facade panels.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

Once all your questions are answered please click the solution button to mark this topic as solved…