Hi there, I’m working with a Python developer at the moment on a project and we are uncertain if it may be possible to get user input via an ETO/WinForms dialog and still get the Grasshopper parametric preview. But I’m hoping there might be a way around this.
The logic the the above assumption is…
- Open form to enter data
- User clicks ‘OK’ when done, form is closed
- Send variables to Grasshopper script
- Script then creates the parts
Following that logic I can see there is no way to get a parametric preview while the ETO/WinForm is still on screen.
So I am hoping someone might advise how we can get a logic like below to work. The aim of this project is that the user never has to use Grasshopper, they will only interact with the Form.
- Open the ETO/WinForm
- A Grasshopper preview is on the screen
- Variables in the Form are changed
- The Grasshopper preview updates as the values are changed in the form
- User chooses OK
- Grasshopper then creates the objects (effectively baking them)
Human UI sort of does this, but I need to do more with the forms than Human UI will allow keeping the dynamic connection between the form and the grasshopper preview.
Thanks in advance!