Can I rotate the axis of an object without rotating the object?

I think this is simple if it is possible.
I’ve got 2 objects. They are both 3D scans of heads. I’m trying to line them up on top of one another but they each have there own XYZ axis for moving, rotating and scaling that is independent from the other. For example, object1 has an axis that is parallel to the window so in top view the red arrow points right and the blue arrow points down. Object2 was pasted into this window and when the object is selected the red arrow points diagonal up to the right and the blue arrow points diagonal down to the right. It would be great if I could get these objects on a global axis so when either one is selected the red arrow points to the right. So when I’m in top view and need to move Object2 down I don’t have to move it diagonal left a little and then diagonal right a little - I can just drag it straight down with the arrow. Apologies if this is confusing.

In short:
Can I rotate the axis of an object without rotating the object?

Hello- you can always reset the gumball to force the orientation to the CPlane or World, RelocateGumball will allow you to set it any way you like for individual objects.

Also, Rotate and Rotate3d allows explicit setting of the rotation axis, not using the Gumball.

-Pascal

Awesome. Got it worked out. Not exactly sure what I was doing but thanks for the info! Made my life much easier.