Bug with the catenary component where it goes in the opposite direction

Hello,

Playing around with the Catenary component (modeling the Puzzle where you’re asked to determine the distance between two poles), I came across an interesting bug. I havent tried reproducing it on other computers, but here it is.

As you can seem the direction of the catenary is clearly down (and is correctly down at some other point distance like … say … 5 or 0,0001), but the models shows it and calculates it as up. I went with the digit scroller to get more specific distances and the model fails to render completely, but calculates just fine (with wrong results) at 0.62347 and slightly higher values.

This is not a real problem for my work tbh but I thought it was an interesting bug and a brief look through search engines didnt find me any relevant results.

Rhino is Version 6.35.21222.17001

If you want any help, post a file.

1 Like

Thanks for the info but I clearly stated I am not looking for help and I am just posting about a bug since I don’t know where one is supposed to report bugs. The entire file is in the screenshot anyway and it is trivial to replicate.

1 Like

How about enforcing the community guidelines that recommend posting code when starting a thread?

NOTE: This question is addressed to the forum moderator who removed my earlier post in this thread.
It was an exasperated reply to the statement that posting a file isn’t necessary in this “special case” because “I am not looking for help and I am just posting about a bug… The entire file is in the screenshot anyway and it is trivial to replicate”. That is utter nonsense, not friendly and intolerable.

Moderator, please deal with the provocation as well as my response to it.

1 Like