Bug report: ArcBlend is not able to create lines

Hi,

Here is an exemple file :
arc bend example.3dm (20.3 KB)

With this inside :

If you use ArcBlend to link the segments A, it works.
If you use it to link the segments B, it doesn’t work, because the result would be a line.

I know the function is called “arc blend” but there is no “line blend” and frankly it would be tedious to switch between ArcBlend and this hypothetical function, I think ArcBlend should just handle this use case and produce a line.

Rhino 7 SR29 2023-4-17 (Rhino 7, 7.29.23107.03001, Git hash:master @ 5f05ef3a2eea3d910c4c2fb79ccc75b413d33ca7)

Hi Felix - what is missing from the Line command for this?

-Pascal

@pascal Line works, what I’m proposing is an ergonomy and accessiblity improvement. It’s common to repeat the same function a few times when working on real life models (in my case I was closing a polycurve from which parts were previously trimmed out). Currently it works this way :

ArcBlend, right-click ArcBlend, right-click ArcBlend, oops it doesn’t work, why ? Let me see… Ah maybe because it’s a line ? Line, ArcBlend, right-click ArcBlend

Yeah… I am not super keen to make a thing that is not an arc blend in the ArcBlend command. I’d prefer the command to report the input is colinear and not show the preview, would that help?
RH-75337 ArcBlend: report colinear input
-Pascal

It would definitely help users understand what is happening yes.

RH-75337 is fixed in the latest WIP

1 Like