Boolean union fails

Hi guys, I now this has been covered quite extensively but I really can’t figure this out. I’m trying to Boolean union the polysurfaces, have checked for naked edges and they seem to be fine. I know that because the polysurfaces are perpendicular there could be some problems with curves that sit on top of each other within the construction but I have no clue how to fix this. I’m trying to 3 D print and the printer needs all of this to be 1 polysurface, I’ve tried making little spheres at the intersection that could make the Boolean simpler but can’t get this to work either. Any help would be massively appreciated, feel like I’ve been trying to print this for about a weekboolean problem 2.3dm (10.6 MB)

Hello - you have large numbers of possible coincident edges and faces in this - but I think the real problem is that it is not actually cleanly made, for whatever reason the outer faces of all the verticals and horizontals, for example, appear not to coincide.

-Pascal

I’ve just tried to dup the border of one of the verticals to get a cross section and then project it onto a planar surface to get a completely planar curve and then use the extrusion of this to boolean as a vertical. I thought that might improve the precision but I can’t get that to work either, do you know how I might fix this?

Hello - in the long run, start with clean, carefully made parts - use object snaps to make sure things line up and try for simplicity where possible.

boolean problem _PG.3dm (352.9 KB)

-Pascal

That’s brilliant thank you Pascal