Bongo and Flamingo nxt 5 crash

Hello,

I have been doing test animations using the rhino render successfully up until this point.

I am now onto the final animation using Flamingo nxt 5 and it keeps crashing. So far I have managed one, five second clip, all my other attempts have crashed well before this, any where from 25 to 95 frames into the rendering.

Single renders are no problem.
If anyone could shed any light on this I would really appreciate it.

Here are some specs for the render so far.
Flamingo nxt passes: 4
Lights : Sun On; Sky Off; Indirect Off

300 Ticks (10 t/s) - 30 seconds
res 1366 x 720
30fps
creating jpegs and an MP4 file.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

did you send in those crash reports? If so, which email address did you use.

Regards,
Lars

Hi Lars,

thank you for the reply.

I believe I must have sent at least one over. I will message you the email I would have used.

I have been advised to do a few things to improve Flamingo performance

1. Delete/ remodel bad objects (there was 1)
  2. Mesh and delete NURBS objects.
  3. restart before render, basically take out anything using memory that is not involved in the render. wireframe etc.

I am now able to get semi reliable 5 second renders, which is a massive improvement on before. I don’t know if I am expecting too much from Flamingo/Bongo.

I had a theory it might be a memory issue as my memory usage increases from below a GB when I open the file up to 8GB by the end of the render (16GB system). I have just had a look at what rhino is using now, I have just finished a 5s render - its sitting there using 9GB and it’s not even doing anything. I don’t know how these programs work together, but they seem to be accumulating a lot of data when run.

Hope all that makes sense, let me know if you need any clarification.

Thank you for your help,
Paul.