Automaticly make 2D drawing

Hi everyone,

I’m new to grasshopper and finding my way trough the programming.
I want to use the same structure and just edit the values to create “countertops”.
At this point i can create the model. And it’s a closed polysurface.

Now the next step is to generate a 2D drawing of it, automaticly.
I’m stuck at this point. I can’t figure out how it’s done or how to create it.
Also when i change the model i want it to automaticly change the dimensions aswell.

Can someone get me started somehow?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that in grasshopper you can still see all intermediate steps. It seems that you still have all steps visualized on top of each other.

I think you’re there, but your script shows both the booleaned and unbooleaned version on top of eachother.

If you turn off the visibility of everything except the last node it will show you you the result you expected.

As arendvw pointed out, you want to turn off preview for some of the components.
Most likely anything but the last few ones.
Depending on whether you are in Rhino 5 or Rhino 6, you can select the components and press space and toggle the preview off or ctrl+middle mouse and do the same, respectively.

Allright, I’ve managed to do this.

See picture below.

Based on that you posted agian, i am assuming, that it is not the desired result.
I have the idea that you are looking for the wireframe of the object, which if the object isn’t extruded can be found like this.
If however the model is extruded, you can use the “Make2D” component, found under Display -> Dimensions

Yes it is an extruded model (thickness 12mm).
I used to make drawings like the one’s below.

But i want grasshopper to generate this automaticly ofcourse.
I have templates imported in my Rhino.

Thanks for the help allready :smiley: