Attracting squishy curves

I didn’t want to revive the “water bubbles” thread but I do have some questions pertaining to it. I’m trying to achieve a similar goal but with an attraction to a point (or attraction to each other AND a point) instead of a predictable gravity/load.

I was trying to tie them to a center point and it works initially, somewhat humorously, but falls apart, chasing the original vectors. It was a ham-fisted approach, I would love to know the proper method.

I’m trying to get as many tangent connections as possible, sloppy circle packing.

blob attraction

squishy crv att.gh (16.5 KB)

Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

It’s quite nice seeing them slide past each other, reminds me of the hand drawn animation work of one artist - can’t remember the name now - I’ll find it later.
Anyway - to pull them towards a target, the easiest way I think will be to anchor a point in the center, then use lines from the polygons to this to apply tension. ‘Length’ goals would work here, but ‘ConstantTension’ is probably a better option, as it then pulls them all inwards with the same force, whereas the spring-like behaviour of length would pull the outer ones more strongly.

squishy crv att.gh (20.9 KB)

3 Likes