When creating an accompanying set of plugins for Rhino and Grasshopper (or seperately), there are quite a lot of places where Guids seem important. It is for me not very transparent how or when they are used.
- in your Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs you can define a Guid
in your Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs you can define a Guid
in thee class that derives from GH_AssemblyInfo, with a Guid
public override Guid Id => new Guid("%GuidForGrasshopperAssemlbyInfo%");
For yak: you somehow need to specify this in the manifest.yml file. The documentation specifies it looks for a the AssemblyInfo.cs for Rhino, and for the GH_AssemblyInfo for Grasshopper. Does that mean that they should be same when combinding both?
For food4rhino, the field specifies only specifies GUID: when and or where would this id be used?
My questions are:
- Are all these 3 relevant?
- Can all these 3 be the same?
- Should they be the same?
- What would be the concequences of a guid changing?
- In what scenarios are these 3 guids relevant?