Are Ruled and edge surfaces necessary?

@seghierkhaled I see your point. Brep.Create.EdgeSurface could actually be a component. Many things could be components actually, many things are missing, and many of those are essential, sadly. But we are getting there.

Recently a new component was added: Curve Middle for extracting the midpoint of a curve.

You can already achieve this with: Point on Curve, Evaluate Curve, Evaluate Length

The reality is that abundance doesn’t really hurt. You have multiple ways of doing the same thing. Many component are redundant in GH. I would even say your example is one of the least redundant for the differences people have been showing you.

But still, I get you. I like you python script. It is much better than Ruled Surface (for most cases) and it is much tidier than Edge Surface. Honestly, you could have a simply message displaying an error if you input more than 4 items per list and you would be enough for any user to understand edge surface works with max 4. But those are really small grain decisions, no point arguing over those.

Edit: Evaluate Curve only when curvature of curve is continuous and control points are all equal.