Creating ON_Brep from edges

Hello everyone!

I need some help ^^. I am working on a C++ plugin for Rhino 5.0 to generate a surface from 4 arcs that I create from the principal curvatures of another surface. The main idea is to use this 4 arcs as the surface edges and the inteception of them as the surface vertex. However, I have not found yet any information on how to create the surface using the edges and vertex.

Thank you in advance,

Andrés Uribe

Hi @auribe,

If you were just using Rhino commands, how would you create this shape? Can you post a model with the curves and the shape?

Thanks,

– Dale

Hi Dale,
Thank you for your reply. Take as an example the image below. On C++ I was able to create the 4 curves that define the surface’s edges (those curves are saved on a ON_ClassArray). Also, with them I was able to create the vertex (points). Now, using Rhino commands the next step would be to use “NetworSrf” , select the four curves and set the tolerances to 1 (in order to make it as simpliest as possible). The idea is to get the same surface using C++ code.

Again, thank you in advance.

Andrés Uribe

Hi all! I managed to create a surface using the CreateCubicLoft() method from the ON_Surface class. However the result is as shown below. Any ideas on how specify the curves order? is that my problem?
Thanks
Andres Uribe

Hi @auribe,

Can you post a file containing your geometry?

– Dale

Here is a file with the curvesCurves_rhino.3dm (18.9 KB)

Hi @auribe,

You might try this:

– Dale

Thank you!