Arduino space mouse

Hello all,

I am new to this Forum and hope this is the right category for my post.

I have been playing around with an Arduino and a joystick/rotary encoder to build my own small size 3D-mouse (see gif). However the problem is that as it emulates a mouse it also moves the cursor in comparison to a 3DConnexion device.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how a similar behaviour could be achieved?
Some functionality (eg. tilting) could be done through keyboard shortcuts, but not all.
Could there be a possibility to emulate a 3DConnexion device and use the official driver?

Appreciate any help, thoughts and hints!

ezgif-6-19651c45567d

3 Likes

before anybody else chimes in with a better understanding/idea, i assume that getting away from emulating a mouse and writing a little driver might be a necessary move. but i am just wildly guessing.

cool project by the way, hope you get some more help.

Remove the joystick knob & place the encoder on top with hot glue try making casing for it it will increase the stability.
For pan left right hold the button and joystic input .
Im trying to make one
While searching for is there any Arduino 3d mouse on Google i found yours…🙍🏻 is so similar to the space mouse
It has though hole at the shaft with plastic wire like 1.7mm 3d filament you can rotate the encoder placing at bottom of the joystick