After compiling ghpython, variable hint goes wrong, "Marshalling signal parameter"

Hi, everyone. I am compiling my python script. After compiling the ghpython script, input variable’s description changed as shown in the image. (“Marshalling signal parameter”)

Does anybody know how to make a new component with variable descriptions similar to a normal component?
(Icon for type + description)

Input & Output description in ghpython

Input & Output after compiling

Input & Output description of a normal compoenet

If you want that, the simplest way is to program your component to have input “Pl” with a “Type Hint” of Polyline.

This is because, if you use the RhinoScript one, Grasshopper will have to be informed that the input is special, and needs to marshal objects to the Grasshopper document.

Thanks,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

Hi.Giulio, i have the same problem.
because my Input is datatree with different Kinds of geometry, so i chose TreeAccess and Type hint of ‘’ ghdoc Object when geometry(rhinoscriptsyntax)’’.
After compiling the ghpython script, even the Name of Input changed to ‘‘Marshalling Signal parameter’’, although it doesn’t influence the use.
I wonder if i can Keep the orginal Name instead of ‘‘Marshalling Signal parameter’’ or should i choose other Kind of Type hint? I already tried Geometrybase,but it doesn’t work.

Zhan

Hi @shaozhan17

you can keep the Hint it as it is: that title does not influence any behavior.

I added: RH-55490 to see if changing the title is possible with current SDK tools.

Thanks,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

I also have this bug, now. Is the problem solved now?