Accuracy in drawing objects Rhino 6 VS Inventor 2020

Hello,

I am a new user of Rhino 6. I want to use this software to design a laptop enclosure. It would roughly be like the size of a 17" laptop with some curve surfaces and straight edges, for example, Alienware 51m 17" laptops. I will also be drawing the same thing in Inventor.

I am confused as to, how would I prove which software drew it more accurately?

Thanks.

You can’t. What you need to prove is that the operator can draw accurately in either software.

1 Like

So does it mean that there is not much difference between the Inventor’s ShapeMananger kernel and Rhino’s NURBS kernel?

So you want to compare between two right?. I think it will only be possible if you put the same effort in both the software. Is it possible?. I guess no, because they both have different aspects and to do the same thing on both you need to do the same thing but differently. You cannot tell which one is better because it is up to you how you are doing it.

I see, thank you for your answer. I am still trying to learn both software and compare them.
I guess I will find out more once I started to use them to draw the same thing.

Well I think everyone means your question is kind of irrelevant, what do you mean “accurately?” Do you already know how to use either product? 'Cause it sounds like you’re completely new to CAD. You could in theory use anything to make anything adequately–I could tell you about how Inventor probably like other MCAD apps do or used to do has hard-coded internal model units that put a hard limit on the scale of objects you can work on, but obviously this isn’t an issue with a laptop enclosure–but it’s a weird comparison since Rhino and Inventor are aimed at totally different purposes, so what’s going to be easier or harder to figure out how to do will be different.

1 Like

Sure, there are lots of differences. But that has nothing to do with ‘accuracy’. You can draw things as accurately in Rhino as any other CAD software. The accuracy part depends on how skilled you are as an operator of either software, not the software itself.

2 Likes