Hops is a component for Grasshopper that adds external functions to Grasshopper. Like other programming languages, functions let you:
- Simplify complex algorithms by using the same function multiple times.
- Eliminate duplicate component combinations by placing common combinations in a function.
- Share Grasshopper documents with other team members.
- Reference Grasshopper documents across multiple projects.
- Solve external documents in parallel, potentially speeding up large projects.
- Run asynchronously on long running calculations without blocking Rhino and Grasshopper interactions.
Hops functions are stored as separate Grasshopper documents. The Hops component will adapt its inputs and outputs to match the function specified. During calculation Hops solves the definition in a separate process, then returns the outputs to the current document.
For more information, see: